Settler's Route Trail System
Located in: Pikawkanagan ~ Killaloe~ Wilno ~ Foymount
The Settler’s Route Trail System is a route of abandoned railbeds, gravel roads and small trails through the countryside of some of the most historic parts of Renfrew County.
The best thing about this trail:
Although it doesn’t have a lot to offer in views, Settler’s Route is the perfect route for functionality. It connects two very popular trail systems, the Pakkotinna and the Opeongo. It gets you to the B trail from Golden Lake to Wilno, It provides an ease of travel, lots of history and that’s why we love Settler’s!
What is this trail like?
Trail Length: 106km loop
Trailhead: Madawaska Complex
• Madawaska Complex, 26A Major Lake Road, Madawaska
• Madawaska Country Store, Madawaska
• MacEwen, 29553 Highway 60, Whitney
• Algonquin Four Seasons Cabins
• All Star Resort
• Spectacle Lake Lodge
• Mad Musher, 29588 Highway 60, Whitney
• Porterville Diner: 2367 Highway 127, Lake Saint Peter