Griffith Highlands Trail System
Located in: Griffith ~ Greater Madawaska
A great enjoyable trail system for all riders, especially for families looking for a simple enjoyable day on the trails.
The Griffith Highlands trail system will be expanding its trail routes in 2021 trail season to extend to Palmer Rapids and Quadville over to Bancroft to connect the lower section of the RCATV trail system with the Hastings Heritage Trails.
The best thing about this trail:
* You can discover the Highlands with hundreds of kilometres of forest access roads and back county trails just minutes from the parking area.
* You can explore the shoreline of the Madawaska River or enjoy a swim and a picnic at one of the many lakes along the way. Perfect for beginners and seasoned riders alike.
What is this trail like?
• Two island lake road
• Tooey’s Lake rest area, Highway 41
• Griffith (Hyland creek road parking area)
Technicality: Green. (Click Here to View the Technicality Rating Chart)
• Full Road Access
• SXS Friendly – can accommodate up to 72-inch vehicles.
• Forest trails
• Logging Roads
• All water crossings less than 24 inches (However, subject to change during spring)
• ATV: May 1 – Dec 1
• Griffith General Store (Open 9 AM – 5 PM
• Martha’s Landing (Air BNB)
• Eagle’s Nest Resort (Cabins)
• Misty Morning Cabins (Off-grid, tent, trailer park)
• Mountain Man Wilderness Park (Off-grid, tent, trailer park)
• Levairs Campground
• Calvyn’s Pub and Eatery
• Pine Valley Restaurant