ATV/ ROV Training
Renfrew County ATV Club is proud to provide this safety training to our community with our certified CASI ATV RiderCourseSM and RHOVA ROV RiderCourse Instructors.
Why should I take a CASI RiderCourse and/or an ROV Basic Drive Course?
These courses are based on the well-recognized ATV Safety Institute (ASI) program and the ROHVA training program which provide drivers development in the areas of skill and risk management. From discussions on protective gear, environmental concerns and local laws, students will increase their safety knowledge and practical riding skills to then be able to make safe and responsible driving decisions. Both course include:
- Students increase their safety knowledge and practice basic riding skills (starting and stopping, turning, negotiating hills, obstacles, emergency stopping and swerving)
- Emphasizes safety awareness related to ATV / ROV operations
- Controlled environment under direct supervision of a certified Instructor
- Most current and hands-on ATV and ROV safety program in Canada
- Supported and endorsed by COHV the Canadian Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council and all ATV major manufacturers
- These are recognized and certified safety course for any youth planning to work in the outdoor workplace
ROV Course Details:
The ROV Basic Driver Course (RBDC), which consists of the ROHVA E-Course and six closed-range exercises, is designed for current and prospective recreational off-highway vehicle users. The RBDC is about the fundamentals of operating and ROV and provides the basic knowledge and skills for successful operation. Participants must be a licensed car driver and must have completed the ROHVA E-Course (free of charge) before driving in the closed range exercises. This course is for ROV (side by side) or UTV vehicles only. As a club-run community service with volunteer instructors, all proceeds from our ROV training series are re-invested directly into our Trail Warden and Trail Safety programs.
- Class size of a maximum of 6
- Participants must have an Ontario motor vehicle driver license. If a participant is under the age of 18, parental or guardian permission must be obtained in writing before enrolment.
- G1 and G2 License restrictions in accordance with the Highway traffic act.
- Must have completed the ROHVA E-Course https://cbt.rohva.org/login/index.php. Upon completion of this free online course, send your certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to participate.
- $125 cost.
- RCATV members is good standing (valid permit) and their family Save 20% (as approved by our office)
- RCATV Board and Committee Members Save 50% as volunteer appreciation (as approved by our office)
- Participants must provide an ROV (SxS, UTV) that is registered (plated), insured and in safe working condition
- Riders must have and wear protective equipment (DOT certified helmet, gloves, eye protection ( safety glasses, or visor, or goggles), closed toe footwear that covers the ankles, long sleeve shirt and long pants)
Upcoming Dates: to be determined.
ATV Course Details:
The CASI ATV RiderCourseSM is intended for an audience of youth and adults of all skill levels and experience. As a club-run community service with volunteer instructors, all proceeds from our ATV training series are re-invested directly into our Trail Warden and Trail Safety programs.
- Class size of a maximum of 8
Riders must provide size-appropriate ATV that is registered (plated), insured and, in safe working condition.
- Riders must provide and wear their own protective equipment (DOT approved helmet, gloves, eye protection (safety glasses, or visor, or goggles), closed toe footwear that covers the ankles, long sleeve shirt, and pants).
- $125 for adults 18+, $85 youth cost
- Students under 16 years of age, Riders between 12-16 years of age are restricted to ATVs of the appropriate size recommended for the rider’s age. There are special teaching provisions for students under 16 years old, and parents are encouraged to attend as well.
- RCATV Members in good standing (valid permit) and their family Save 20% (as approved by Membership Director)
- RCATV Board and Committee Members Save 50% as volunteer appreciation (as approved by Membership Director)
Upcoming Date: Pre-register for the next dates
Meet Our Instructors
Stephen Hebb is a Director-at-Large and Trail Warden with the RCATV. He completed his AQCC CASI Instruction in 2017. Stephen has a lifelong commitment for health and safety as seen in his prior career as a former firefighter and paramedic, and emergency services for the Red Cross. Stephen served 28 years in the military as both a medic and a preventive medicine technician responsible for health and safety programs for the Canadian forces.
Chico Traclet is a Director-at-Large with the RCATV, and a Level 2 Trail Warden. Chico completed his AQCC CASI Instructor certification in 2020 and his RHOVA ROV (SXS/UTV) Instructor in 2021. A military veteran of 37 years, as well as a former Deputy Fire Chief, Chico as been teaching for many years various topics/disciplines such as SCUBA diver, Ski Instructor, First Aid, Ice/Cold Water Rescue, vehicle extrication, Coaching Emergency Vehicle Operations, and Driver Training to name a few. He looks forward to providing quality training which will help increase your safety awareness and skills. Ces services sont disponibles dans les deux langues.