Position Title: Rider Engagement & Event Management
Hours: 30-37 hours
Start to end date: May – September or as discussed with the candidate.
The candidate in this position will be supporting the RCATV Executive with creative ways to engage with riders, support event management efforts and build tourism potential for Renfrew County. This position will partner with the community, with riders and with the Board of Directors and report to the Volunteer & Membership Coordinator and Business Operations Coordinator.
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Digital skills include MS office products and social media platforms
- Communicating skills: writing skills, verbal communication
- Possesses creativity and initiative
- Organized and able to support multiple projects
- Enthusiasm and professionalism
- Comfortable over the phone engaging with businesses and riders
- Working with Directors to support coordination of RCATV rider events
- Working with Marketing Coordinator to maintain and enhance social media, website and other marketing tools
- Writing and submitting articles to local community papers, interviewing riders to create blogs and increase trail presence
- Working with the Membership and Volunteer Coordinator to draft and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention approach
- Establishing partnerships and trail packages with local tourism operators
- Engaging with riders and membership through regular newsletters
- Looking for ways to encourage membership renewals and benefits
- Implementing a “New Rider” program (working with vendors, website portal, FAQ’s, Did You Know video series)
- Working virtually with access to a computer and wifi.
- Living in the Ottawa Valley
- Work on evenings/weekends may be required given the volunteer Board of Directors and weekend events. .
- Travelling may be required (minimal).
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions may be required (minimal).
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident and legally entitled to work
- Ages 18 – 30
- Minimum experience : 1-2 years working in tourism, with social media or supporting events
- Minimum educational level : High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge: Using computer and social media applications
- Asset: driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
If you’re interested in this position, please contact Info@renfrewcountyatv.ca, 613-585-9236.