October 13th, 2018Showcase the Valley, Oct 13 2018 Pre-registration now open - click here. Every year, RCATV tries to showcase new areas of our...
The Renfrew County ATV Club is run exclusively by volunteers who dedicate their time maintaining and expanding our trails to ensure you have a memorable riding experiance. We would love to have you join our volunteer team and are always on the lookout for enthusiastic people who like to ride and to spend some time with like-minded individuals. Whatever your time availability, likes or experiences are, we are sure there is some position you would enjoy as part of Team RCATV! A simple email to your local Director or the Volunteer & Membership Director and "bam!" you're an RCATV Volunteer! Welcome aboard! email@example.com
Looking for volunteers hours and prefer the outdoors? Let's team up; we need help on our trails, be out on the trails get your hours and support the trail system!! email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the types of duties we look to our volunteers for:
- trail maintenance and signing
- grant application writing
- event planning committee volunteers (admin, BBQ support, greeting at events, planning and followup, getting posters out, etc.)
- membership committee volunteers (admin, selling passes, recruiting initiatives, volunteer appreciation, etc.)
- media planning committee volunteers (website updates, graphic work, newspaper articles, event submissions on facebook, outreach like Showcase and other tourism and recreation tradeshows)
- trail patrol members
Interested in Trail Maintenance? Watch our Facebook Page for inpromptu maintenance and signing days in each area, join our closed virtual Trail Maintenance Committee and Discussion Room on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RCATVClub/app/141428856257/ or contact the local Area Director so they can keep you up to date. Every time you are on the trail, identify yourself as a volunteer with RCATV and help be an ambassador for the club and the trail.
If you are heading out on your own to do trail maintenance here is what we suggest:
- Don't go alone! There is safety in numbers and trail maintenance has its risks. Let us know and we will post on Facebook if you are looking for others to join you.
- Consider taking: chain saw, hatchet or limber, garbage bag, shovel, hazard marking tape, drill and screws.
- We can provide: area signs, gps tracks, a volunteer vest, RCATV maps
- Provide feedback: trail maintenance reports can be completed and sent in, send photos, let us know how many hours for tracking purposes.
- visit our trail maintenance page for more details
We have a significant amount of work being done behind the scenes by working committees of Directors, volunteers, members and community or business partners. If any of these are of interest, contact the Committee Chair. Your commitment can be flexible with meetings done face-to-face, micro-missions or sub-committees, tele-conference, email and Facebook Room discussions.
|Executive Committee||Teresa Hebb|
|Trails Maintenance & Development Committee||Interim - Teresa Hebb|
|Events Planning Committee||Wendy Biernaskie|
|Media & Communications Committee||Interim - Teresa Hebb|
|Special Project Leads|
|Invasive Species & Clean Bike Protocol||Greg Tatton|